From the Stealth Mask respirator face mask factory floor…
Here at Stealth, people are at the heart of our business, and it truly takes an army to produce high quality respirator face masks and filters. From our innovative Engineers to Warehouse Operatives, all of our valued employees play a pivotal role in the manufacturing and production of our respirator face mask products.
Over the coming weeks, we are going to be interviewing some of our key workers; so, you can get a better insight into the ‘faces behind the masks’… This week, we are up close and personal with our fabulous Production Manager – Mandy Rowlands – who organises all the chaos and the day-to-day running of production.
So, Mandy, how long have you been working at Stealth Mask for?
Exactly 3 years in August!
What are your daily responsibilities, and how do you keep everything so together amongst the craziness?
My duties include allocated jobs, sort out the work orders, decide which work is going out, dispatch the orders, deal with the recruitment, inducting new staff, dealing with all the paperwork… To list a few. And I keep it all together, because we have a great team working behind us!
What do you find challenging in your job?
Recruiting new staff (Temporary Production Operatives) is the most challenging part of this job as we need enough staff to cover and fill our schedule. Even when things go slightly wrong – we are good at resolving issues as we are all solution people.
What is it like to work at Stealth Mask? And how would you describe the culture?
Honestly, it is like a great BIG happy family! It truly is. It is like a family and I love it. It’s a friendly and happy atmosphere with positive forward-thinking people.
What are the most rewarding aspects of your job?
Watching the orders go out and knowing we have got it done. I’m 100% satisfied knowing the orders have gone out of the door, especially the big mask orders for the NHS.
Now we are moving on to the quickfire round:
- What would we be surprised to learn about you? I love tattoos – I have over 12 secretly hidden tattoos.
- What is something you will not be doing in ten years? I will not be driving my son to work with me (laughs).
- What makes you laugh no matter what? If somebody falls over – but obviously not when it’s on my production floor.
- Do you have a nickname, if so, what is it? My mum used to call me Titch which is Welsh for small because I was the baby of the family.
- Cooking or Baking? Both, definitely.
- What is your favourite season? Fall .
- What are you listening to at the moment? I was listening to Billy Joel last night.
- Beach holiday or a city break? My favourite place is Barcelona – you get both a city and beach holiday in one!
- What did you want to be when you were growing up? Surprisingly, a Truck Driver.
- Skiing or Surfing? Neither. I have not tried either.
Stay tuned for next week’s ‘From the shop floor’, where we will be up close and personal with another one of Stealth Mask’s valued employees. And if you have any questions you want us to ask, please comment below!
All Stealth Mask products including our medical & industrial N100 Respirator Face Mask, N99 Lite Everyday Mask use and replacement filters are available at www.stealthmask.com
We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join Stealth Mask. If you’d like to talk to us about job opportunities please message via our facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Stealthmaskofficial